There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early or force you to seek emergency medical treatment or for a sign language interpreter for your emergency needs while traveling Many countries abroad are not ready to serve the International Sign language Community.
To show the importance of purchasing travel insurance, and emergency travel services, here are 10 common examples of what could go wrong:
1. It’s 10 p.m. and you and your immediate family arrive at the airport for a connecting flight, only to find that your flight has been cancelled. Who can help you with finding new flights to get everyone home?
2. Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to find your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call or interpret for you?
3. Your first visit to Europe, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash and how will you get your passport replaced. And who will interpret for you at consulates or embassies around the world?
4. You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for a medical evacuation and interpreting needs?
5. If your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
6. You arrive in Jamaica and your luggage doesn’t. If it’s lost, who will help you find it? If it’s delayed, who will pay for your necessities? If it’s stolen, who will pay to replace it. And if necessary, who will help interpret for your lost luggage?
7. Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Who will pay for your non-refundable expenses? Who will help get you to your destination?
8. You’re walking down a street in Rio and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician and sign language interpreter?
9. Three weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs in the city to which you are planning to visit. Who will pay if you want to cancel your trip?
10. You are at a beach resort in North Carolina, and you are forced to evacuate due to an approaching hurricane. Who will help you evacuate and who will reimburse your lost vacation investment?
For more information or questions about travel insurance. Feel free to contact D-Travel for advise and recommendations. No fees involved here.